Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shabby Chic Cake





I love a beautiful shabby chic party, wedding, baby shower, birthday you name it... Vintage colors like pink, peach, ivory and grey mixed with natural woods and rustic finishing touches make me swoon! I guess, I am an old soul trapped in a young woman's body (wink, wink)
Lately, I have been trying to look for an excuse to bake and decorate a shabby chic/vintage-inspired cake. Alas, a lovely friend celebrated another great year of living the good life. Thus, the birth of my not too shabby cake with a gorgeous pale yellow fondant flower on top. I admit, it took me more time making the flower than putting icing on this cake, but it was well worth the painstaking process...
I decided to focus on the soft bluish-grey hue for the base icing and then accent the surface with a vintage pale yellow flower. I softened the sides with icing streaks and with some edible white pearls to give the cake a “distressed” but sophisticated look. I really enjoyed making the sugar flower, the process was really relaxing for me for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment